Looking after your car is necessary, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these maintenance works are inevitable, such as brake service, and we’ll just see what price to replace the brake discs of a Nissan Navara . Regardless if it is difficult to give you an exact cost, we will first show you the purpose of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Nissan Navara, and at last, why and when to change its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Nissan Navara
Before we see the cost of changing the brake discs on your Nissan Navara, we will show you what their role is. They are an integral part of your braking system and assure your security on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this part will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Nissan Navara. There are two specific braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Nissan Navara . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Nissan Navara
We’ll now move on to the part you’re almost certainly most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Nissan Navara? It is important to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally your car will be built with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is focused on the front of the car it is necessary to have them in good working order. We are going to explain the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Nissan Navara and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most high-priced, if you have already had to cope with a garage of the brand of your Nissan Navara you should know that the services are always substantially more costly. We assure you an expertise which is not always there and which no matter the reason is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Nissan Navara at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your car.
- To pass by a car center or an independent garage is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they enable to keep the guarantee of your Nissan Navara although reducing the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Nissan Navara in this kind of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to change your brake discs by yourself , with some knowledge the procedure is not very complex and you will locate courses on the web. To accomplish this, you only have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Nissan Navara?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Nissan Navara are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can warn you to the need to change the brake discs on your Nissan Navara:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to check the level of brake fluid in your Nissan Navara, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Nissan Navara, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Navara category.