Taking care of your vehicle is necessary, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service acts are inevitable, such as brake service, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Mazda MX 5 Miata . Even if it is complicated to give you an exact cost, we will first show you the function of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Mazda MX 5 Miata, and finally, why and when to replace its discs.
Role of the brake discs of a Mazda MX 5 Miata
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Mazda MX 5 Miata, we will show you what their role is. They are an integral part of your braking system and ensure your security on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this part will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Mazda MX 5 Miata. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the vehicle, often equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name implies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Mazda MX 5 Miata . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Mazda MX 5 Miata
We’ll now move on to the part you’re most likely most interested in. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Mazda MX 5 Miata? It is essential to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally speaking your car will be built with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is concentrated on the front of the car it is necessary to have them in good functioning order. We are going to explain the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Mazda MX 5 Miata and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most expensive, if you have already had to cope with a garage area of the brand of your Mazda MX 5 Miata you should know that the services are always significantly more expensive. We assure you an expertise which is not always there and which in any case is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Mazda MX 5 Miata at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your car.
- To complete by a car center or an independent garage area is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Mazda MX 5 Miata although limiting the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Mazda MX 5 Miata in this sort of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to replace your brake discs on your own , with some know-how the procedure is not very difficult and you will locate guides on the web. For this, you just have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Mazda MX 5 Miata?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Mazda MX 5 Miata are wear auto parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can warn you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Mazda MX 5 Miata:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to check the level of brake fluid in your Mazda MX 5 Miata, do not think twice to consult our content on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To get more tips on the Mazda MX 5 Miata, take a look at the Mazda MX 5 Miata category.