Taking care of your car is fundamental, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unpredicted expenses. Some of these maintenance works are inevitable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just see what price to replace the brake discs of a Kia Sedona . Even if it is hard to give you an exact price, we will first show you the function of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Kia Sedona, and finally, why and when to change its discs.
Purpose of the brake discs of a Kia Sedona
Before we see the cost of changing the brake discs on your Kia Sedona, we will show you what their purpose is. They are an integral component of your braking system and make sure your safety on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Kia Sedona. There are two specific braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, frequently equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name implies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Kia Sedona . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Kia Sedona
We’ll now move on to the component you’re almost certainly most enthusiastic about. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Kia Sedona? It is essential to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally speaking your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is focused on the front of the car it is fundamental to have them in good working conditions. We are going to describe the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Kia Sedona and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the priciest, if you have already had to cope with a garage of the brand of your Kia Sedona you should know that the services are constantly substantially more costly. We assure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which in any case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Kia Sedona at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your car.
- To pass by a car center or an independent garage is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Kia Sedona while minimizing the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Kia Sedona in this sort of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to change your brake discs on your own , with some knowledge the task is not very difficult and you will find tutorials on the web. For this, you just have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Kia Sedona?
As we stated in the introduction, the brake discs on your Kia Sedona are wear auto parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can notify you to the need to change the brake discs on your Kia Sedona:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to check the level of brake fluid in your Kia Sedona, do not think twice to consult our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Kia Sedona, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Sedona category.