Taking care of your car is necessary, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unpredicted expenses. Some of these routine service works are inevitable, such as brake service, and we’ll just see what price to replace the brake discs of a Hyundai Sonata . Regardless if it is hard to give you an exact cost, we will first show you the function of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Hyundai Sonata, and finally, why and when to replace its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Hyundai Sonata
Before we see the cost of changing the brake discs on your Hyundai Sonata, we will show you what their function is. They are an integral part of your braking system and assure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this part will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Hyundai Sonata. There are two distinct braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, often equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name suggests, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Hyundai Sonata . With time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less useful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Hyundai Sonata
We’ll now move on to the part you’re likely most interested in. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Hyundai Sonata? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your motor vehicle will be built with them at the front, and not necessarily at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is focused on the front of the motor vehicle it is necessary to have them in good functioning order. We are going to illustrate the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Hyundai Sonata and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most expensive, if you have already had to deal with a garage of the brand of your Hyundai Sonata you should know that the services are constantly substantially more pricey. We guarantee you an expertise which is not constantly there and which whatever the case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Hyundai Sonata at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To complete by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage is a remedy more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they enable to keep the guarantee of your Hyundai Sonata while lowering the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Hyundai Sonata in this sort of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to replace your brake discs on your own , with some experience the process is not very complex and you will locate tutorials on the internet. For this, you just have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Hyundai Sonata?
As we revealed in the introduction, the brake discs on your Hyundai Sonata are wear parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can notify you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Hyundai Sonata:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to check the level of brake fluid in your Hyundai Sonata, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To get more tips on the Hyundai Sonata, take a look at the Hyundai Sonata category.