Looking after your car is fundamental, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these maintenance acts are unavoidable, such as brake service, and we’ll just see what price to replace the brake discs of a Honda CR V . Even if it is complicated to give you an exact price, we will first explain the role of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Honda CR V, and at last, why and when to replace its discs.
Role of the brake discs of a Honda CR V
Before we see the cost of changing the brake discs on your Honda CR V, we will explain what their purpose is. They are an integral component of your braking system and assure your security on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Honda CR V. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, very often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Honda CR V . With time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Honda CR V
We’ll now proceed to the component you’re likely most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Honda CR V? It is important to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally speaking your motor vehicle will be built with them at the front, and not automatically at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is focused on the front of the motor vehicle it is fundamental to have them in good functioning order. We are going to describe the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Honda CR V and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the priciest, if you have already had to deal with a garage area of the brand of your Honda CR V you should know that the services are constantly significantly higher priced. We ensure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which no matter the reason is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Honda CR V at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To complete by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage area is a remedy more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Honda CR V while lowering the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Honda CR V in this kind of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to replace your brake discs on your own , with some know-how the task is not very complex and you will locate courses on the net. For this, you only have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Honda CR V?
As we stated in the introduction, the brake discs on your Honda CR V are wear auto parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can notify you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Honda CR V:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to verify the level of brake fluid in your Honda CR V, do not hesitate to consult our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To get more tips on the Honda CR V, take a look at the Honda CR V category.