Taking care of your vehicle is important, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service works are unavoidable, such as brake service, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Dodge Charger . Even if it is difficult to give you an exact cost, we will first show you the purpose of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Dodge Charger, and at last, why and when to replace its discs.
Purpose of the brake discs of a Dodge Charger
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Dodge Charger, we will show you what their function is. They are an integral part of your braking system and make sure your safety on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this part will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Dodge Charger. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the vehicle, often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name implies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Dodge Charger . Over time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less useful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Dodge Charger
We’ll now move on to the part you’re likely most enthusiastic about. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Dodge Charger? It is essential to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your car will be built with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is focused on the front of the car it is important to have them in good functioning order. We are going to detail the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Dodge Charger and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most expensive, if you have already had to cope with a mechanic of the brand of your Dodge Charger you should know that the services are always considerably more pricey. We assure you an expertise which is not always there and which whatever the case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Dodge Charger at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your car.
- To complete by a car center or an independent mechanic is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they enable to keep the guarantee of your Dodge Charger although reducing the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Dodge Charger in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to replace your brake discs by yourself , with some expertise the process is not very difficult and you will find guides on the web. To do this, you only have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Dodge Charger?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Dodge Charger are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can inform you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Dodge Charger:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to verify the level of brake fluid in your Dodge Charger, do not think twice to consult our content on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If you need more tutorials on the Dodge Charger, go to our Dodge Charger category.