Taking care of your car is fundamental, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service works are unavoidable, such as brake service, and we’ll just see what price to replace the brake discs of a Chevrolet Impala . Regardless if it is hard to give you an exact cost, we will first describe the function of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Chevrolet Impala, and at last, why and when to change its discs.
Role of the brake discs of a Chevrolet Impala
Before we see the cost of changing the brake discs on your Chevrolet Impala, we will describe what their role is. They are an integral component of your braking system and make sure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Chevrolet Impala. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, often equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name implies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Chevrolet Impala . Over time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Chevrolet Impala
We’ll now move on to the component you’re probably most interested in. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Chevrolet Impala? It is important to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your motor vehicle will be equipped with them at the front, and not necessarily at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is focused on the front of the motor vehicle it is fundamental to have them in good working conditions. We are going to illustrate the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Chevrolet Impala and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most high-priced, if you have already had to cope with a garage area of the brand of your Chevrolet Impala you should know that the services are constantly considerably more expensive. We ensure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which in any case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Chevrolet Impala at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To complete by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage area is a solution more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Chevrolet Impala while limiting the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Chevrolet Impala in this sort of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to change your brake discs on your own , with some know-how the operation is not very difficult and you will locate courses on the net. To accomplish this, you only have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Chevrolet Impala?
As we explained in the introduction, the brake discs on your Chevrolet Impala are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can notify you to the need to change the brake discs on your Chevrolet Impala:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to verify the level of brake fluid in your Chevrolet Impala, do not think twice to consult our content on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If you wish more guides on the Chevrolet Impala, go to our Chevrolet Impala category.