Caring for your car is fundamental, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service acts are inevitable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just find out what price to replace the brake discs of a Chevrolet Cruze . Regardless if it is difficult to give you an exact cost, we will first explain the role of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Chevrolet Cruze, and finally, why and when to replace its discs.
Role of the brake discs of a Chevrolet Cruze
Before we find out the cost of changing the brake discs on your Chevrolet Cruze, we will explain what their purpose is. They are an integral component of your braking system and make certain your safety on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Chevrolet Cruze. There are two distinct braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name indicates, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Chevrolet Cruze . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Chevrolet Cruze
We’ll now move on to the component you’re probably most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Chevrolet Cruze? It is essential to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally your motor vehicle will be equipped with them at the front, and not automatically at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is focused on the front of the motor vehicle it is fundamental to have them in good functioning order. We are going to summarize the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Chevrolet Cruze and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most costly, if you have already had to deal with a garage area of the brand of your Chevrolet Cruze you should know that the services are constantly substantially more expensive. We ensure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which in any case is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Chevrolet Cruze at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To pass by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage area is a solution more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Chevrolet Cruze although lowering the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Chevrolet Cruze in this sort of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to replace your brake discs by yourself , with some knowledge the process is not very complex and you will find guides on the net. For this, you just have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Chevrolet Cruze?
As we stated in the introduction, the brake discs on your Chevrolet Cruze are wear auto parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can notify you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Chevrolet Cruze:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to check the level of brake fluid in your Chevrolet Cruze, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If you wish more guides on the Chevrolet Cruze, go to our Chevrolet Cruze category.