Looking after your vehicle is necessary, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service acts are unavoidable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Chevrolet Bolt . Regardless if it is hard to give you an exact cost, we will first explain the function of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Chevrolet Bolt, and at last, why and when to change its discs.
Purpose of the brake discs of a Chevrolet Bolt
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Chevrolet Bolt, we will explain what their role is. They are an integral part of your braking system and assure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this part will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Chevrolet Bolt. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the vehicle, very often equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Chevrolet Bolt . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Chevrolet Bolt
We’ll now move on to the part you’re probably most interested in. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Chevrolet Bolt? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally speaking your motor vehicle will be built with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is focused on the front of the motor vehicle it is necessary to have them in good functioning conditions. We are going to describe the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Chevrolet Bolt and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most expensive, if you have already had to deal with a mechanic of the brand of your Chevrolet Bolt you should know that the services are constantly considerably more costly. We ensure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which whatever the case is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Chevrolet Bolt at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To complete by a motor vehicle center or an independent mechanic is a remedy more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Chevrolet Bolt although reducing the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Chevrolet Bolt in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to change your brake discs on your own , with some experience the procedure is not very difficult and you will find tutorials on the web. To accomplish this, you only have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Chevrolet Bolt?
As we explained in the introduction, the brake discs on your Chevrolet Bolt are wear auto parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can notify you to the need to change the brake discs on your Chevrolet Bolt:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to verify the level of brake fluid in your Chevrolet Bolt, do not think twice to consult our content on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If you have any further questions about the Chevrolet Bolt, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Bolt category.