Caring for your car is important, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unpredicted expenses. Some of these routine service acts are unavoidable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just find out what price to replace the brake discs of a Bmw Serie 2 F23 . Even if it is hard to give you an exact cost, we will first describe the role of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Bmw Serie 2 F23, and at last, why and when to replace its discs.
Purpose of the brake discs of a Bmw Serie 2 F23
Before we find out the cost of changing the brake discs on your Bmw Serie 2 F23, we will describe what their role is. They are an integral component of your braking system and make certain your safety on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this component will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Bmw Serie 2 F23. There are two distinct braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, frequently equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name indicates, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Bmw Serie 2 F23 . Over time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Bmw Serie 2 F23
We’ll now proceed to the component you’re most likely most enthusiastic about. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Bmw Serie 2 F23? It is essential to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not necessarily at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is focused on the front of the car it is important to have them in good functioning order. We are going to describe the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Bmw Serie 2 F23 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most costly, if you have already had to cope with a garage of the brand of your Bmw Serie 2 F23 you should know that the services are constantly considerably more expensive. We assure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which whatever the case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Bmw Serie 2 F23 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your car.
- To pass by a car center or an independent garage is a remedy more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they enable to keep the guarantee of your Bmw Serie 2 F23 while minimizing the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Bmw Serie 2 F23 in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to replace your brake discs on your own , with some experience the operation is not very complex and you will discover tutorials on the internet. To achieve this, you only have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Bmw Serie 2 F23?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Bmw Serie 2 F23 are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can warn you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Bmw Serie 2 F23:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to verify the level of brake fluid in your Bmw Serie 2 F23, do not hesitate to consult our content on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Bmw Serie 2 F23, do not hesitate to consult our Bmw Serie 2 F23 category.