Caring for your car is important, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service acts are inevitable, such as brake service, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Bmw Serie 1 F21 . Even if it is hard to give you an exact price, we will first describe the purpose of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Bmw Serie 1 F21, and finally, why and when to replace its discs.
Role of the brake discs of a Bmw Serie 1 F21
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Bmw Serie 1 F21, we will describe what their purpose is. They are an integral component of your braking system and assure your safety on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Bmw Serie 1 F21. There are two distinct braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Bmw Serie 1 F21 . With time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Bmw Serie 1 F21
We’ll now move on to the component you’re most likely most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Bmw Serie 1 F21? It is essential to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your motor vehicle will be built with them at the front, and not necessarily at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is concentrated on the front of the motor vehicle it is important to have them in good working conditions. We are going to describe the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Bmw Serie 1 F21 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most costly, if you have already had to deal with a garage area of the brand of your Bmw Serie 1 F21 you should know that the services are always substantially higher priced. We guarantee you an expertise which is not always there and which in any case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Bmw Serie 1 F21 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To pass by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage area is a solution more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Bmw Serie 1 F21 although reducing the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Bmw Serie 1 F21 in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to replace your brake discs by yourself , with some know-how the procedure is not very difficult and you will find courses on the net. To achieve this, you only have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Bmw Serie 1 F21?
As we revealed in the introduction, the brake discs on your Bmw Serie 1 F21 are wear auto parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can warn you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Bmw Serie 1 F21:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to check the level of brake fluid in your Bmw Serie 1 F21, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If you wish more guides on the Bmw Serie 1 F21, go to our Bmw Serie 1 F21 category.