Taking care of your automobile is essential, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unpredicted expenses. Some of these routine service acts are inevitable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Audi Sq5 . Regardless if it is difficult to give you an exact price, we will first describe the role of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Audi Sq5, and at last, why and when to replace its discs.
Role of the brake discs of a Audi Sq5
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Audi Sq5, we will describe what their purpose is. They are an integral part of your braking system and make sure your security on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this part will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Audi Sq5. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the automobile, often equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Audi Sq5 . With time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Audi Sq5
We’ll now proceed to the part you’re likely most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Audi Sq5? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is focused on the front of the car it is essential to have them in good working conditions. We are going to describe the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Audi Sq5 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most high-priced, if you have already had to deal with a mechanic of the brand of your Audi Sq5 you should know that the services are always considerably more pricey. We assure you an expertise which is not always there and which in any case is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Audi Sq5 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your car.
- To pass by a car center or an independent mechanic is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Audi Sq5 while minimizing the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Audi Sq5 in this sort of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to replace your brake discs by yourself , with some know-how the procedure is not very difficult and you will find courses on the internet. To do this, you just have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Audi Sq5?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Audi Sq5 are wear auto parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can alert you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Audi Sq5:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to verify the level of brake fluid in your Audi Sq5, do not hesitate to consult our content page on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If you wish more tutorials on the Audi Sq5, go to our Audi Sq5 category.