Caring for your automobile is fundamental, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these maintenance works are unavoidable, such as brake service, and we’ll just find out what price to replace the brake discs of a Audi Q5 . Even if it is hard to give you an exact price, we will first describe the role of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Audi Q5, and at last, why and when to change its discs.
Purpose of the brake discs of a Audi Q5
Before we find out the cost of changing the brake discs on your Audi Q5, we will describe what their function is. They are an integral component of your braking system and make certain your security on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Audi Q5. There are two distinct braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the automobile, often equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name suggests, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Audi Q5 . Over time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Audi Q5
We’ll now move on to the component you’re almost certainly most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Audi Q5? It is important to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your motor vehicle will be equipped with them at the front, and not automatically at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is concentrated on the front of the motor vehicle it is fundamental to have them in good functioning order. We are going to describe the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Audi Q5 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most costly, if you have already had to cope with a garage of the brand of your Audi Q5 you should know that the services are always considerably more expensive. We guarantee you an expertise which is not always there and which no matter the reason is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Audi Q5 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To complete by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage is a solution more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they enable to keep the guarantee of your Audi Q5 although minimizing the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Audi Q5 in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to change your brake discs by yourself , with some know-how the process is not very difficult and you will locate tutorials on the net. To achieve this, you only have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Audi Q5?
As we stated in the introduction, the brake discs on your Audi Q5 are wear auto parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can warn you to the need to change the brake discs on your Audi Q5:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to verify the level of brake fluid in your Audi Q5, do not think twice to consult our content on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Audi Q5, do not hesitate to consult our Audi Q5 category.