With the democratization of new technologies, the intensive use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and internet sites, it was obvious that cars would adhere to the movement. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be built in to the Nissan Frontier, for a few years now many cars have been pre-loaded with touch screens. Although this provides a specific comfort, with technology comes also the problems. Today we’re going to try to help you fix a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Nissan Frontier anymore. To achieve this, to begin with, we’re going to see the advantages of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen complications on Nissan Frontier , and finally how to solve them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Nissan Frontier
Before we can check out why the touch screen of your Nissan Frontier no longer works, we will first see all the positive aspects that this equipment will bring you. We will just concentrate on the native touch screens, those built in by the maker and not those bought in car centers. In this article is a list of the positive aspects and interesting features of a touch screen built in in your car:
- The opportunity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The ability to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Access to many setting options on his car due to the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as opposed to the buttons and knobs previously used
Nissan Frontier Touch Screen Complications
We will now proceed to the section you are most interested in knowing why the touch screen of my Nissan Frontier no longer functions? To do this, we tried to determine all the complications that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different complications, but that said, here are the main ones you might be encountering:
- The touch screen on my Nissan Frontier doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most common cases on a car with a screen, in most instances it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the remedy to this problem
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s probably a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Nissan Frontier turns on and off for no reason: In such a case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to fix touch screen Nissan Frontier
After discovering why the touch screen of your Nissan Frontier is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the complications you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen complications:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In such a case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we stated before, it’s probably a bug you’re enduring, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Nissan Frontier by following this tuto.
- The touch screen of your Nissan Frontier switches on and off for no reason: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the condition of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t discover anything, take your car to a car electrician who can fix the problem.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Nissan Frontier, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Frontier category.