With the democratization of new technologies, the considerable usage of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and internet sites, it was evident that cars would stick to the direction. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be integrated to the Mercedes Gla, for a few years now many cars have been furnished with touch screens. Although this brings a certain comfort, with technology comes also the problems. In this article we’re going to try to help you resolve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Mercedes Gla anymore. To accomplish this, to begin with, we’re going to find out the pros of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen problems on Mercedes Gla , and at last how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Mercedes Gla
Before we can look at why the touch screen of your Mercedes Gla no longer operates, we will first find out all the positive aspects that this equipment will bring you. We will just focus on the native touch screens, those integrated by the maker and not those bought in car centers. Here is a list of the positive aspects and interesting features of a touch screen integrated in your car:
- The opportunity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The ability to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Access to many setting options on his car due to the operating system integrated in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as contrary to the buttons and knobs previously used
Mercedes Gla Touch Screen Complications
We will now proceed to the section you are most enthusiastic about knowing why the touch screen of my Mercedes Gla no longer works? To get this done, we tried to identify all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, on this website are the most important ones you might be going through:
- The touch screen on my Mercedes Gla doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most general cases on a car with a screen, in most cases it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the remedy to this problem
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s almost certainly a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Mercedes Gla turns on and off for no cause: In such a case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to fix touch screen Mercedes Gla
After seeing why the touch screen of your Mercedes Gla is no longer working , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the most important touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In such a case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so check the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we said before, it’s almost certainly a bug you’re enduring, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, remember to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Mercedes Gla by following this guide.
- The touch screen of your Mercedes Gla switches on and off for no cause: In this scenario it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t find anything, take your car to a car electrician who can fix the problem.
If you have any further questions about the Mercedes Gla, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Gla category.