With the democratization of new technologies, the considerable usage of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was clear that cars would adhere to the movement. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be integrated to the Lincoln MKZ, for a few years now many cars have been built with touch screens. Although this gives a certain comfort, with technology comes also the problems. In this article we’re going to try to help you solve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Lincoln MKZ anymore. To accomplish this, to begin with, we’re going to discover the advantages of having a touch screen in your motor vehicle, then the various touch screen problems on Lincoln MKZ , and finally how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Lincoln MKZ
Before we can check out why the touch screen of your Lincoln MKZ no longer operates, we will first discover all the positive attributes that this equipment will provide you. We will just concentrate on the native touch screens, those built in by the maker and not those bought in motor vehicle centers. Here is a list of the positive aspects and interesting features of a touch screen built in in your motor vehicle:
- The capacity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The ability to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Access to many setting options on his motor vehicle because of the operating system integrated in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and therefore receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as contrary to the buttons and knobs previously used
Lincoln MKZ Touch Screen Complications
We will now move on to the part you are most enthusiastic about knowing why the touch screen of my Lincoln MKZ no longer works? To achieve this, we tried to distinguish all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your motor vehicle. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, on this website are the main ones you may be experiencing:
- The touch screen on my Lincoln MKZ doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most basic cases on a motor vehicle with a screen, in many instances it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the solution to this problem
- The touch screen of my motor vehicle doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s probably a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Lincoln MKZ turns on and off for no cause: In such a case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to correct touch screen Lincoln MKZ
After seeing why the touch screen of your Lincoln MKZ is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In such a case, you will have to look at the power supply side of the touch screen, most of the time it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that circumstance, as we explained before, it’s probably a bug you’re enduring, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Lincoln MKZ by following this tuto.
- The touch screen of your Lincoln MKZ switches on and off for no cause: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t discover anything, take your motor vehicle to a motor vehicle electrician who can correct the problem.
To discover more tips on the Lincoln MKZ, take a look at the Lincoln MKZ category.