With the democratization of new technologies, the considerable use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was obvious that cars would follow the trend. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be integrated to the Land Rover Defender, for a few years now many cars have been equipped with touch screens. Nevertheless this provides a specific comfort, with technology comes also the problems. Today we’re going to try to help you resolve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Land Rover Defender anymore. To accomplish this, first of all, we’re going to find out the features of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen problems on Land Rover Defender , and finally how to solve them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Land Rover Defender
Before we can look at why the touch screen of your Land Rover Defender no longer functions, we will first find out all the positive aspects that this equipment will bring you. We will only concentrate on the native touch screens, those integrated by the manufacturer and not those bought in car centers. Here is a list of the advantages and interesting features of a touch screen integrated in your car:
- The ability to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The ability to follow a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Access to many setting options on his car due to the operating system integrated in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as compared to the buttons and knobs previously used
Land Rover Defender Touch Screen Problems
We will now move on to the part you are most interested in knowing why the touch screen of my Land Rover Defender no longer works? To get this done, we tried to distinguish all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, on this website are the most important ones you might be encountering:
- The touch screen on my Land Rover Defender doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most common situations on a car with a screen, in many instances it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the remedy to this problem
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s almost certainly a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Land Rover Defender turns on and off for no cause: In such a case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to fix touch screen Land Rover Defender
After seeing why the touch screen of your Land Rover Defender is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the most important touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In such a case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so check the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we said before, it’s almost certainly a bug you’re encountering, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s only your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Land Rover Defender by following this guide.
- The touch screen of your Land Rover Defender switches on and off for no cause: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Check the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t locate anything, take your car to a car electrician who can fix the problem.
To find more tips on the Land Rover Defender, take a look at the Land Rover Defender category.