We continue our series of content articles on what can get stuck on your car. After discovering why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, in this article we’ll check out why the key is stuck in your Volkswagen Lupo ignition . Especially annoying, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and consequently from utilising your car. We will therefore do everything we can to help you resolve this problem as soon as possible. To do this, first, we will show you to you what the ignition of your car is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Volkswagen Lupo is stuck? And, to conclude, how to unblock the key stuck in your Volkswagen Lupo ignition.
What’s the purpose of my Volkswagen Lupo’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Volkswagen Lupo is a security part. Its purpose is to protect your car from theft attempts. It is situated on the steering column of your car, created in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its purpose is to prevent your Volkswagen Lupo from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not identify your car key. It is closely linked to the starter switch which will incorporate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we speak about blocked neiman we quite often refer to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your car.
Why is the key stuck in your Volkswagen Lupo ignition?
Now it’s time to show you to you why the key is stuck in your Volkswagen Lupo ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve detailed what the ignition is, it’s time to identify why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Volkswagen Lupo that is blocked, do not think twice to browse our content page on this subject. A neiman is not a wearing part that you change regularly but time has an influence on it and it can happen that you have to change it due to normal wear and tear. In this article are the different reasons of a ignition that locks on Volkswagen Lupo :
- Regular wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Volkswagen Lupo : As we explained over, with time, the components of the neiman can become seized up, or become filled with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from functioning effectively. In such a case, you should experience struggle inserting and turning the key before it locks completely.
- An element of the ignition of your Volkswagen Lupo that fails: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we revealed in introduction, when we speak about the neiman we tend to include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is faulty, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Volkswagen Lupo: Finally, last opportunity, and it’s more or less obvious, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your car before, he may have twisted internal components and thus damaged the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Volkswagen Lupo ignition barrel?
We now proceed to the solutions available to you for handling a key stuck in your Volkswagen Lupo ignition . Depending to the origin of your problem the solutions will not be the same, discover them below:
- Ignition barrel blocked due to a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is logical that your neiman will not unblock. Try carefully with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the duplicate of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Volkswagen Lupo is clogged due to impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a few moments, it should unblock the neiman of your Volkswagen Lupo.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition due to a faulty element: If finally it is due to an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will regrettably have to change the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we advise you to go to a expert who will also have to give you a new key to begin your Volkswagen Lupo.
If you wish more guides on the Volkswagen Lupo, go to our Volkswagen Lupo category.