We continue our series of content articles on what can get stuck on your car. After seeing why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, in this article we’ll check out why the key is stuck in your Suzuki Grand Vitara ignition . Specially frustrating, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and consequently from utilising your car. We will therefore do everything we can to help you solve this issue as quickly as possible. To do this, first, we will describe to you what the ignition of your car is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Suzuki Grand Vitara is stuck? And, at last, how to unblock the key stuck in your Suzuki Grand Vitara ignition.
What’s the purpose of my Suzuki Grand Vitara’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Suzuki Grand Vitara is a security element. Its intent is to protect your car from theft tries. It is positioned on the steering column of your car, developed in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its intent is to prevent your Suzuki Grand Vitara from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not recognize your car key. It is closely related to the starter switch which will incorporate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we talk about blocked neiman we quite often refer to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your car.
Why is the key stuck in your Suzuki Grand Vitara ignition?
Now it’s time to describe to you why the key is stuck in your Suzuki Grand Vitara ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve defined what the ignition is, it’s time to identify why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Suzuki Grand Vitara that is blocked, do not hesitate to browse our content page on this subject matter. A neiman is not a wearing component that you replace frequently but time has an influence on it and it can occur that you have to replace it due to normal wear and tear. On this website are the different reasons of a ignition that locks on Suzuki Grand Vitara :
- Regular wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Suzuki Grand Vitara : As we explained over, over time, the components of the neiman can become seized up, or become loaded with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from functioning properly. In this case, you should feel problems inserting and turning the key before it locks entirely.
- A component of the ignition of your Suzuki Grand Vitara that breaks down: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we explained in introduction, when we mention the neiman we often include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is faulty, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Suzuki Grand Vitara: Finally, last possibility, and it’s more or less rational, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your car before, he may have twisted internal components and thus damaged the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Suzuki Grand Vitara ignition barrel?
We now proceed to the solutions available to you for handling a key stuck in your Suzuki Grand Vitara ignition . According to the origin of your issue the solutions will not be similar, locate them below:
- Ignition barrel blocked due to a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is logical that your neiman will not unblock. Try gently with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the duplicate of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Suzuki Grand Vitara is clogged due to impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a couple of minutes, it should unblock the neiman of your Suzuki Grand Vitara.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition due to a faulty element: If finally it is due to an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will regrettably have to replace the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we recommend you to go to a professional who will as well have to give you a new key to begin your Suzuki Grand Vitara.
If you wish more tutorials on the Suzuki Grand Vitara, go to our Suzuki Grand Vitara category.