We continue our series of web content on what can get stuck on your motor vehicle. After seeing why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, today we’ll check out why the key is stuck in your Subaru Crosstrek ignition . Especially annoying, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and consequently from employing your motor vehicle. We will consequently do everything we can to help you resolve this issue as soon as possible. To achieve this, first, we will describe to you what the ignition of your car is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Subaru Crosstrek is stuck? And, to conclude, how to unblock the key stuck in your Subaru Crosstrek ignition.
What’s the aim of my Subaru Crosstrek’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Subaru Crosstrek is a security feature. Its goal is to secure your car from theft attempts. It is positioned on the steering column of your motor vehicle, created in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its goal is to prevent your Subaru Crosstrek from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not identify your motor vehicle key. It is closely related to the starter switch which will incorporate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we speak about blocked neiman we quite often make reference to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your motor vehicle.
Why is the key stuck in your Subaru Crosstrek ignition?
Now it’s time to describe to you why the key is stuck in your Subaru Crosstrek ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve detailed what the ignition is, it’s time to identify why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Subaru Crosstrek that is blocked, do not think twice to read our content page on this subject. A neiman is not a wearing part that you change repeatedly but time has an influence on it and it can occur that you have to change it as a result of regular wear and tear. On this website are the different explanations of a ignition that locks on Subaru Crosstrek :
- Normal wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Subaru Crosstrek : As we explained earlier, over time, the elements of the neiman can become seized up, or become filled with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from working effectively. In this case, you should feel problems inserting and turning the key before it locks totally.
- An element of the ignition of your Subaru Crosstrek that breaks down: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we explained in introduction, when we mention the neiman we tend to include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is defective, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Subaru Crosstrek: Finally, last opportunity, and it’s more or less rational, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your motor vehicle before, he may have twisted internal components and thus broken the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Subaru Crosstrek ignition barrel?
We now move on to the solutions available to you for dealing with a key stuck in your Subaru Crosstrek ignition . Depending to the source of your issue the solutions will not be the same, discover them down below:
- Ignition barrel blocked as a result of a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is logical that your neiman will not unblock. Try softly with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the duplicate of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Subaru Crosstrek is clogged as a result of impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a short while, it should unblock the neiman of your Subaru Crosstrek.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition as a result of a defective element: If finally it is as a result of an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will unfortunately have to change the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we recommend you to go to a specialist who will also have to give you a new key to begin your Subaru Crosstrek.
To discover more tips on the Subaru Crosstrek, take a look at the Subaru Crosstrek category.