We continue our series of content articles on what can get stuck on your car. After seeing why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, today we’ll take a look at why the key is stuck in your Renault Modus ignition . Especially annoying, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and therefore from using your car. We will consequently do everything we can to help you solve this problem as quickly as possible. To get this done, first, we will describe to you what the ignition of your car is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Renault Modus is stuck? And, at last, how to unblock the key stuck in your Renault Modus ignition.
What’s the intent of my Renault Modus’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Renault Modus is a security element. Its intent is to protect your car from theft attempts. It is positioned on the steering column of your car, invented in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its intent is to prevent your Renault Modus from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not recognize your car key. It is closely related to the starter switch which will integrate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we talk about blocked neiman we often refer to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your car.
Why is the key stuck in your Renault Modus ignition?
Now it’s time to describe to you why the key is stuck in your Renault Modus ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve explained what the ignition is, it’s time to find out why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Renault Modus that is blocked, do not think twice to have a look at our article on this subject. A neiman is not a wearing part that you replace frequently but time has an influence on it and it can appear that you have to replace it as a result of regular wear and tear. On this website are the different reasons of a ignition that locks on Renault Modus :
- Regular wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Renault Modus : As we stated above, with time, the components of the neiman can become seized up, or become loaded with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from working effectively. In such a case, you should experience complications inserting and turning the key before it locks totally.
- A component of the ignition of your Renault Modus that breaks down: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we described in introduction, when we mention the neiman we tend to include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is faulty, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Renault Modus: At last, last opportunity, and it’s more or less rational, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your car before, he may have twisted internal elements and thus broken the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Renault Modus ignition barrel?
We now move on to the solutions available to you for fixing a key stuck in your Renault Modus ignition . Depending to the source of your problem the solutions will not be the same, find them below:
- Ignition barrel blocked as a result of a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is obvious that your neiman will not unblock. Try carefully with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the copy of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Renault Modus is clogged as a result of impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a few minutes, it should unblock the neiman of your Renault Modus.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition as a result of a faulty element: If finally it is as a result of an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will sadly have to replace the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we recommend you to go to a specialist who will as well have to give you a new key to begin your Renault Modus.
If you have any additional questions about the Renault Modus, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Modus category.