We continue our series of articles on what can get stuck on your motor vehicle. After seeing why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, today we’ll take a look at why the key is stuck in your Peugeot Rifter ignition . Especially annoying, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and consequently from using your motor vehicle. We will consequently do everything we can to help you fix this issue as quickly as possible. To achieve this, first, we will describe to you what the ignition of your car is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Peugeot Rifter is stuck? And, to finish, how to unblock the key stuck in your Peugeot Rifter ignition.
What’s the intent of my Peugeot Rifter’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Peugeot Rifter is a secureness element. Its aim is to protect your car from theft attempts. It is situated on the steering column of your motor vehicle, developed in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its aim is to prevent your Peugeot Rifter from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not identify your motor vehicle key. It is closely connected to the starter switch which will incorporate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we talk about blocked neiman we often make reference to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your motor vehicle.
Why is the key stuck in your Peugeot Rifter ignition?
Now it’s time to describe to you why the key is stuck in your Peugeot Rifter ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve described what the ignition is, it’s time to identify why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Peugeot Rifter that is blocked, do not think twice to read our content page on this subject matter. A neiman is not a wearing component that you replace regularly but time has an influence on it and it can appear that you have to replace it as a result of normal wear and tear. On this website are the different reasons of a ignition that locks on Peugeot Rifter :
- Regular wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Peugeot Rifter : As we explained above, with time, the elements of the neiman can become seized up, or become packed with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from working properly. In this case, you should experience complications inserting and turning the key before it locks totally.
- An element of the ignition of your Peugeot Rifter that fails: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we described in introduction, when we talk about the neiman we tend to include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is faulty, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Peugeot Rifter: At last, last opportunity, and it’s more or less logical, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your motor vehicle before, he may have twisted internal elements and thus broken the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Peugeot Rifter ignition barrel?
We now move on to the solutions available to you for dealing with a key stuck in your Peugeot Rifter ignition . According to the source of your issue the solutions will not be the same, discover them down below:
- Ignition barrel blocked as a result of a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is logical that your neiman will not unblock. Try gently with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the duplicate of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Peugeot Rifter is clogged as a result of impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a few moments, it should unblock the neiman of your Peugeot Rifter.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition as a result of a faulty element: If finally it is as a result of an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will sadly have to replace the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we recommend you to go to a specialist who will also have to give you a new key to begin your Peugeot Rifter.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Peugeot Rifter, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot Rifter category.