We continue our series of web content on what can get stuck on your car. After discovering why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, today we’ll check out why the key is stuck in your Peugeot Expert Tepee ignition . Particularly annoying, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and consequently from using your car. We will consequently do everything we can to help you solve this problem as soon as possible. To do this, first, we will describe to you what the ignition of your car is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Peugeot Expert Tepee is stuck? And, finally, how to unblock the key stuck in your Peugeot Expert Tepee ignition.
What’s the purpose of my Peugeot Expert Tepee’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Peugeot Expert Tepee is a secureness feature. Its aim is to secure your car from theft tries. It is installed on the steering column of your car, developed in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its aim is to prevent your Peugeot Expert Tepee from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not recognize your car key. It is closely linked to the starter switch which will integrate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we talk about blocked neiman we quite often make reference to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your car.
Why is the key stuck in your Peugeot Expert Tepee ignition?
Now it’s time to describe to you why the key is stuck in your Peugeot Expert Tepee ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve explained what the ignition is, it’s time to identify why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Peugeot Expert Tepee that is blocked, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject matter. A neiman is not a wearing component that you change regularly but time has an influence on it and it can appear that you have to change it due to regular wear and tear. Here are the different reasons of a ignition that locks on Peugeot Expert Tepee :
- Regular wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Peugeot Expert Tepee : As we stated over, with time, the elements of the neiman can become seized up, or become loaded with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from functioning properly. In this case, you should experience problems inserting and turning the key before it locks completely.
- An element of the ignition of your Peugeot Expert Tepee that breaks down: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we explained in introduction, when we speak about the neiman we often include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is defective, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Peugeot Expert Tepee: At last, last possibility, and it’s more or less obvious, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your car before, he may have twisted internal elements and thus broken the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Peugeot Expert Tepee ignition barrel?
We now proceed to the solutions available to you for resolving a key stuck in your Peugeot Expert Tepee ignition . Depending to the origin of your problem the solutions will not be similar, discover them down below:
- Ignition barrel blocked due to a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is obvious that your neiman will not unblock. Try gently with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the duplicate of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Peugeot Expert Tepee is clogged due to impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a few minutes, it should unblock the neiman of your Peugeot Expert Tepee.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition due to a defective element: If finally it is due to an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will regrettably have to change the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we recommend you to go to a professional who will also have to give you a new key to begin your Peugeot Expert Tepee.
To get more tips on the Peugeot Expert Tepee, take a look at the Peugeot Expert Tepee category.