We continue our series of articles on what can get stuck on your motor vehicle. After discovering why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, today we’ll take a look at why the key is stuck in your Nissan Frontier ignition . Specially frustrating, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and consequently from using your motor vehicle. We will so do everything we can to help you resolve this problem as soon as possible. To achieve this, first, we will show you to you what the ignition of your car is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Nissan Frontier is stuck? And, to conclude, how to unblock the key stuck in your Nissan Frontier ignition.
What’s the goal of my Nissan Frontier’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Nissan Frontier is a secureness component. Its intent is to secure your car from theft tries. It is installed on the steering column of your motor vehicle, developed in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its intent is to prevent your Nissan Frontier from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not recognize your motor vehicle key. It is closely linked to the starter switch which will integrate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we speak about blocked neiman we often refer to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your motor vehicle.
Why is the key stuck in your Nissan Frontier ignition?
Now it’s time to show you to you why the key is stuck in your Nissan Frontier ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve detailed what the ignition is, it’s time to find out why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Nissan Frontier that is blocked, do not think twice to have a look at our article on this matter. A neiman is not a wearing component that you replace frequently but time has an influence on it and it can appear that you have to replace it as a result of normal wear and tear. In this article are the different reasons of a ignition that locks on Nissan Frontier :
- Normal wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Nissan Frontier : As we stated earlier, over time, the components of the neiman can become seized up, or become packed with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from working effectively. In such a case, you should experience complications inserting and turning the key before it locks entirely.
- An element of the ignition of your Nissan Frontier that fails: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we described in introduction, when we talk about the neiman we often include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is faulty, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Nissan Frontier: At last, last opportunity, and it’s more or less obvious, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your motor vehicle before, he may have twisted internal components and thus damaged the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Nissan Frontier ignition barrel?
We now move on to the solutions available to you for solving a key stuck in your Nissan Frontier ignition . Depending to the origin of your problem the solutions will not be similar, locate them down below:
- Ignition barrel blocked as a result of a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is obvious that your neiman will not unblock. Try gently with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the duplicate of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Nissan Frontier is clogged as a result of impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a few minutes, it should unblock the neiman of your Nissan Frontier.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition as a result of a faulty element: If finally it is as a result of an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will sadly have to replace the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we advise you to go to a professional who will also have to give you a new key to start your Nissan Frontier.
If you need more guides on the Nissan Frontier, go to our Nissan Frontier category.