We continue our series of articles on what can get stuck on your car. After discovering why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, in this article we’ll check out why the key is stuck in your Maserati Levante ignition . Specially annoying, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and consequently from employing your car. We will therefore do everything we can to help you fix this issue as quickly as possible. To achieve this, first, we will explain to you what the ignition of your car is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Maserati Levante is stuck? And, at last, how to unblock the key stuck in your Maserati Levante ignition.
What’s the purpose of my Maserati Levante’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Maserati Levante is a secureness component. Its goal is to protect your car from theft attempts. It is positioned on the steering column of your car, invented in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its goal is to prevent your Maserati Levante from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not identify your car key. It is closely linked to the starter switch which will incorporate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we speak about blocked neiman we generally make reference to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your car.
Why is the key stuck in your Maserati Levante ignition?
Now it’s time to explain to you why the key is stuck in your Maserati Levante ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve explained what the ignition is, it’s time to find out why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Maserati Levante that is blocked, do not hesitate to have a look at our article on this subject. A neiman is not a wearing part that you replace regularly but time has an influence on it and it can appear that you have to replace it as a result of normal wear and tear. Here are the different reasons of a ignition that locks on Maserati Levante :
- Normal wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Maserati Levante : As we said earlier, with time, the components of the neiman can become seized up, or become loaded with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from functioning effectively. In such a case, you should experience problems inserting and turning the key before it locks totally.
- An element of the ignition of your Maserati Levante that fails: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we described in introduction, when we mention the neiman we tend to include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is defective, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Maserati Levante: Finally, last possibility, and it’s more or less obvious, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your car before, he may have twisted internal elements and thus broken the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Maserati Levante ignition barrel?
We now proceed to the solutions available to you for solving a key stuck in your Maserati Levante ignition . Depending to the source of your issue the solutions will not be similar, locate them below:
- Ignition barrel blocked as a result of a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is obvious that your neiman will not unblock. Try carefully with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the duplicate of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Maserati Levante is clogged as a result of impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a few moments, it should unblock the neiman of your Maserati Levante.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition as a result of a defective element: If finally it is as a result of an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will unfortunately have to replace the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we advise you to go to a professional who will as well have to give you a new key to begin your Maserati Levante.
If you wish more tutorials on the Maserati Levante, go to our Maserati Levante category.