We continue our series of web content on what can get stuck on your motor vehicle. After discovering why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, in this article we’ll take a look at why the key is stuck in your Kia Sedona ignition . Especially irritating, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and consequently from utilising your motor vehicle. We will therefore do everything we can to help you fix this issue as quickly as possible. To do this, first, we will show you to you what the ignition of your motor vehicle is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Kia Sedona is stuck? And, to conclude, how to unblock the key stuck in your Kia Sedona ignition.
What’s the intent of my Kia Sedona’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Kia Sedona is a secureness feature. Its aim is to protect your car from theft tries. It is installed on the steering column of your motor vehicle, created in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its aim is to prevent your Kia Sedona from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not identify your motor vehicle key. It is closely related to the starter switch which will incorporate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we speak about blocked neiman we often refer to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your motor vehicle.
Why is the key stuck in your Kia Sedona ignition?
Now it’s time to show you to you why the key is stuck in your Kia Sedona ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve defined what the ignition is, it’s time to find out why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Kia Sedona that is blocked, do not think twice to browse our content page on this matter. A neiman is not a wearing part that you change repeatedly but time has an influence on it and it can occur that you have to change it due to regular wear and tear. In this article are the different explanations of a ignition that locks on Kia Sedona :
- Normal wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Kia Sedona : As we explained earlier, over time, the elements of the neiman can become seized up, or become packed with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from functioning effectively. In such a case, you should experience complications inserting and turning the key before it locks completely.
- A component of the ignition of your Kia Sedona that breaks down: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we described in introduction, when we speak about the neiman we tend to include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is faulty, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Kia Sedona: Finally, last opportunity, and it’s more or less logical, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your motor vehicle before, he may have twisted internal elements and thus broken the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Kia Sedona ignition barrel?
We now move on to the solutions available to you for solving a key stuck in your Kia Sedona ignition . According to the origin of your issue the solutions will not be similar, locate them below:
- Ignition barrel blocked due to a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is logical that your neiman will not unblock. Try carefully with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the duplicate of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Kia Sedona is clogged due to impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a few minutes, it should unblock the neiman of your Kia Sedona.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition due to a faulty element: If finally it is due to an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will regrettably have to change the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we recommend you to go to a specialist who will as well have to give you a new key to start your Kia Sedona.
If you have any additional questions about the Kia Sedona, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Sedona category.