We continue our series of web content on what can get stuck on your car. After discovering why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, in this article we’ll take a look at why the key is stuck in your Infiniti QX60 ignition . Especially annoying, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and therefore from using your car. We will consequently do everything we can to help you solve this problem as quickly as possible. To do this, first, we will describe to you what the ignition of your motor vehicle is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Infiniti QX60 is stuck? And, finally, how to unblock the key stuck in your Infiniti QX60 ignition.
What’s the intent of my Infiniti QX60’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Infiniti QX60 is a security element. Its goal is to protect your car from theft attempts. It is positioned on the steering column of your car, created in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its goal is to prevent your Infiniti QX60 from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not identify your car key. It is closely linked to the starter switch which will incorporate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we speak about blocked neiman we often make reference to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your car.
Why is the key stuck in your Infiniti QX60 ignition?
Now it’s time to describe to you why the key is stuck in your Infiniti QX60 ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve described what the ignition is, it’s time to find out why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Infiniti QX60 that is blocked, do not hesitate to read our article on this subject. A neiman is not a wearing component that you change repeatedly but time has an influence on it and it can appear that you have to change it due to regular wear and tear. In this article are the different explanations of a ignition that locks on Infiniti QX60 :
- Regular wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Infiniti QX60 : As we said above, with time, the elements of the neiman can become seized up, or become loaded with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from functioning correctly. In such a case, you should feel issue inserting and turning the key before it locks totally.
- A component of the ignition of your Infiniti QX60 that breaks down: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we described in introduction, when we mention the neiman we often include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is defective, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Infiniti QX60: Finally, last opportunity, and it’s more or less logical, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your car before, he may have twisted internal components and thus damaged the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Infiniti QX60 ignition barrel?
We now move on to the solutions available to you for resolving a key stuck in your Infiniti QX60 ignition . Depending to the source of your problem the solutions will not be similar, locate them below:
- Ignition barrel blocked due to a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is obvious that your neiman will not unblock. Try softly with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the copy of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Infiniti QX60 is clogged due to impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a few minutes, it should unblock the neiman of your Infiniti QX60.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition due to a defective element: If finally it is due to an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will regrettably have to change the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we advise you to go to a specialist who will as well have to give you a new key to start your Infiniti QX60.
To discover more tips on the Infiniti QX60, take a look at the Infiniti QX60 category.