We continue our series of web content on what can get stuck on your car. After seeing why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, in this article we’ll take a look at why the key is stuck in your Hyundai Accent ignition . Especially frustrating, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and therefore from utilising your car. We will consequently do everything we can to help you solve this problem as soon as possible. To get this done, first, we will describe to you what the ignition of your car is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Hyundai Accent is stuck? And, to conclude, how to unblock the key stuck in your Hyundai Accent ignition.
What’s the purpose of my Hyundai Accent’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Hyundai Accent is a secureness component. Its goal is to protect your car from theft tries. It is positioned on the steering column of your car, developed in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its goal is to prevent your Hyundai Accent from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not identify your car key. It is closely linked to the starter switch which will integrate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we talk about blocked neiman we quite often refer to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your car.
Why is the key stuck in your Hyundai Accent ignition?
Now it’s time to describe to you why the key is stuck in your Hyundai Accent ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve detailed what the ignition is, it’s time to find out why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Hyundai Accent that is blocked, do not hesitate to read our content on this subject. A neiman is not a wearing component that you replace repeatedly but time has an influence on it and it can occur that you have to replace it because of normal wear and tear. On this website are the different reasons of a ignition that locks on Hyundai Accent :
- Normal wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Hyundai Accent : As we said earlier, with time, the components of the neiman can become seized up, or become packed with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from functioning correctly. In this case, you should feel problems inserting and turning the key before it locks totally.
- An element of the ignition of your Hyundai Accent that fails: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we described in introduction, when we talk about the neiman we often include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is faulty, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Hyundai Accent: Finally, last opportunity, and it’s more or less logical, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your car before, he may have twisted internal components and thus damaged the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Hyundai Accent ignition barrel?
We now proceed to the solutions available to you for dealing with a key stuck in your Hyundai Accent ignition . According to the source of your problem the solutions will not be similar, locate them down below:
- Ignition barrel blocked because of a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is logical that your neiman will not unblock. Try softly with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the copy of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Hyundai Accent is clogged because of impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a few minutes, it should unblock the neiman of your Hyundai Accent.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition because of a faulty element: If finally it is because of an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will regrettably have to replace the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we advise you to go to a professional who will as well have to give you a new key to start your Hyundai Accent.
If you need more guides on the Hyundai Accent, go to our Hyundai Accent category.