We continue our series of articles on what can get stuck on your car. After discovering why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, today we’ll take a look at why the key is stuck in your Chrysler Sebring ignition . Especially frustrating, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and therefore from employing your car. We will so do everything we can to help you fix this issue as soon as possible. To achieve this, first, we will describe to you what the ignition of your motor vehicle is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Chrysler Sebring is stuck? And, at last, how to unblock the key stuck in your Chrysler Sebring ignition.
What’s the goal of my Chrysler Sebring’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Chrysler Sebring is a secureness component. Its aim is to secure your car from theft tries. It is placed on the steering column of your car, developed in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its aim is to prevent your Chrysler Sebring from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not identify your car key. It is closely connected to the starter switch which will integrate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we speak about blocked neiman we quite often make reference to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your car.
Why is the key stuck in your Chrysler Sebring ignition?
Now it’s time to describe to you why the key is stuck in your Chrysler Sebring ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve defined what the ignition is, it’s time to find out why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Chrysler Sebring that is blocked, do not hesitate to have a look at our content on this subject. A neiman is not a wearing component that you replace repeatedly but time has an influence on it and it can appear that you have to replace it as a result of normal wear and tear. Here are the different reasons of a ignition that locks on Chrysler Sebring :
- Regular wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Chrysler Sebring : As we explained above, over time, the components of the neiman can become seized up, or become loaded with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from functioning correctly. In such a case, you should feel problems inserting and turning the key before it locks completely.
- A component of the ignition of your Chrysler Sebring that breaks down: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we revealed in introduction, when we talk about the neiman we tend to include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is defective, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Chrysler Sebring: Finally, last possibility, and it’s more or less logical, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your car before, he may have twisted internal components and thus damaged the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Chrysler Sebring ignition barrel?
We now proceed to the solutions available to you for solving a key stuck in your Chrysler Sebring ignition . Depending to the origin of your issue the solutions will not be the same, find them below:
- Ignition barrel blocked as a result of a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is logical that your neiman will not unblock. Try gently with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the copy of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Chrysler Sebring is clogged as a result of impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a few moments, it should unblock the neiman of your Chrysler Sebring.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition as a result of a defective element: If finally it is as a result of an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will regrettably have to replace the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we suggest you to go to a expert who will also have to give you a new key to start your Chrysler Sebring.
To discover more tips on the Chrysler Sebring, take a look at the Chrysler Sebring category.