We continue our series of content articles on what can get stuck on your motor vehicle. After discovering why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, in this article we’ll check out why the key is stuck in your Audi Q5 ignition . Specially annoying, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and consequently from using your motor vehicle. We will so do everything we can to help you resolve this issue as quickly as possible. To get this done, first, we will explain to you what the ignition of your motor vehicle is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Audi Q5 is stuck? And, to conclude, how to unblock the key stuck in your Audi Q5 ignition.
What’s the purpose of my Audi Q5’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Audi Q5 is a security component. Its goal is to secure your car from theft tries. It is positioned on the steering column of your motor vehicle, developed in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its goal is to prevent your Audi Q5 from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not identify your motor vehicle key. It is closely linked to the starter switch which will integrate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we speak about blocked neiman we generally make reference to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your motor vehicle.
Why is the key stuck in your Audi Q5 ignition?
Now it’s time to explain to you why the key is stuck in your Audi Q5 ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve explained what the ignition is, it’s time to find out why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Audi Q5 that is blocked, do not hesitate to browse our article on this matter. A neiman is not a wearing component that you replace repeatedly but time has an influence on it and it can appear that you have to replace it as a result of regular wear and tear. In this article are the different reasons of a ignition that locks on Audi Q5 :
- Normal wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Audi Q5 : As we said above, over time, the elements of the neiman can become seized up, or become filled with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from functioning effectively. In such a case, you should feel problems inserting and turning the key before it locks entirely.
- An element of the ignition of your Audi Q5 that fails: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we described in introduction, when we speak about the neiman we often include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is defective, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Audi Q5: At last, last possibility, and it’s more or less logical, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your motor vehicle before, he may have twisted internal components and thus broken the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Audi Q5 ignition barrel?
We now proceed to the solutions available to you for handling a key stuck in your Audi Q5 ignition . Depending to the source of your issue the solutions will not be similar, find them below:
- Ignition barrel blocked as a result of a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is logical that your neiman will not unblock. Try softly with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the copy of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Audi Q5 is clogged as a result of impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a couple of minutes, it should unblock the neiman of your Audi Q5.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition as a result of a defective element: If finally it is as a result of an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will sadly have to replace the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we advise you to go to a specialist who will as well have to give you a new key to begin your Audi Q5.
To get more tips on the Audi Q5, take a look at the Audi Q5 category.