Keeping an eye on your vehicle is necessary nowadays, in reality, if you do not do the lowest routine service of it, or if you do not take into consideration signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the topic we are going to speak about today, one of the indications that most disturbs motorists is the key indicator light on Volkswagen ID.3 dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Volkswagen ID.3 corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the key light is lit on Volkswagen ID.3? .
What does the key light on Volkswagen ID.3 indicate?
So we begin our content page with the meaning of a key indicator light on Volkswagen ID.3 dash , it may be that furthermore to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Take note that the most important objective of this light is to notify you that it’s time to service your Volkswagen ID.3 , nevertheless, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To find the origin of this problem the best remedy will be to run your Volkswagen ID.3 through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to do this process, you can locate all the necessary info to execute this act in our dedicated content page. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the most important alert messages it can send you:
- An oil change conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil change by yourself, it is most likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Volkswagen ID.3, here is the process to do this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is revealing that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your Volkswagen ID.3 is on because your EGR valve is dirty, often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most basic cause of an orange wrench light on Volkswagen ID.3 is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Volkswagen ID.3 is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second part of our content page and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems pointed out in the previous part and consequently how to handle it if I discover the wrench light on your Volkswagen ID.3? To do this, we will take turns answering each of the problems you may face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we mentioned before, a basic reset of the indicator light on your Volkswagen ID.3 will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content page to execute this process.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to solve. You will just have to check your oil level, we advise you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the circumstance of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the points of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the origin of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), otherwise disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Volkswagen ID.3, we done a guide to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a garage area and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem originates from your glow plugs, the process to replace them is quite basic and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Volkswagen ID.3 , we hope this content page has helped you solve your problem.
If you want more tutorials on the Volkswagen ID.3, go to our Volkswagen ID.3 category.