Paying attention to your vehicle is essential in the present day, in truth, if you do not do the lowest routine service of it, or if you do not take into consideration signs of abnormality, you highly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is precisely the subject we are going to speak about in this article, one of the indications that most disturbs motorists is the key indicator light on Volkswagen CC dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Volkswagen CC corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the key light is lit on Volkswagen CC? .
What does the key light on Volkswagen CC indicate?
So we begin our article with the meaning of a key indicator light on Volkswagen CC dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the main function of this light is to inform you that it’s time to service your Volkswagen CC , nevertheless, this light can also have other meanings, even dozens of them. To discover the origin of this problem the best solution will be to run your Volkswagen CC through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to get this done process, you can locate all the required info to accomplish this act in our dedicated article. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the main alert announcements it can send you:
- An oil replace conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace by yourself, it is most likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Volkswagen CC, here is the process to get this done small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is revealing that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Volkswagen CC is on because your EGR valve is dirty, very often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your vehicle.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most common cause of an orange wrench light on Volkswagen CC is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Volkswagen CC is on?
We are now going to move on to the second component of our article and try to present you the solutions to each of the complications pointed out in the previous part and consequently how to handle it if I discover the wrench light on your Volkswagen CC? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the complications you might face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we outlined previously, a basic reset of the indicator light on your Volkswagen CC will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our article to accomplish this process.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to solve. You will just have to examine your oil level, we recommend you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the origin of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Volkswagen CC, we done a guide to help you to do it. Otherwise, go to a mechanic and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem originates from your glow plugs, the process to replace them is quite basic and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Volkswagen CC , we hope this article has helped you solve your problem.
If you wish more guides on the Volkswagen CC, go to our Volkswagen CC category.