Paying attention to your vehicle is important nowadays, in truth, if you do not do the minimal maintenance of it, or if you do not take into consideration signals of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car withering away. This is precisely the subject we are going to discuss today, one of the symptoms that most interferes with car owners is the key indicator light on Toyota Matrix dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Toyota Matrix means, then in a second how to proceed if the key light is lit on Toyota Matrix? .
What does the key light on Toyota Matrix indicate?
So we start our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Toyota Matrix dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Take note that the main objective of this light is to tell you that it’s time to service your Toyota Matrix , however, this light can also have other meanings, even dozens of them. To find the origin of this problem the best solution will be to run your Toyota Matrix through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to do this process, you can discover all the required information to execute this act in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum information on the main warning information it can send you:
- An oil change conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil change by yourself, it is very likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Toyota Matrix, here is the process to do this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is indicating that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your Toyota Matrix is on because your EGR valve is dirty, very often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: At last, the last and most general cause of an orange wrench light on Toyota Matrix is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Toyota Matrix is on?
We are now going to move on to the second component of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems mentioned in the previous part and therefore how to proceed if I find out the wrench light on your Toyota Matrix? To do this, we will take turns answering each of the problems you may face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we outlined earlier in this article, a basic reset of the indicator light on your Toyota Matrix will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to execute this process.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to solve. You will just have to examine your oil level, we suggest you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the origin of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Toyota Matrix, we made a tutorial to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a garage area and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem originates from your glow plugs, the process to replace them is quite basic and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Toyota Matrix , we hope this content has helped you solve your problem.
To find more tips on the Toyota Matrix, take a look at the Toyota Matrix category.