Keeping an eye on your car is fundamental nowadays, indeed, if you do not do the lowest routine service of it, or if you do not take into consideration signals of abnormality, you firmly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the theme we are going to discuss in this article, one of the indications that most interferes with motorists is the key indicator light on Renault Megane 3 dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Renault Megane 3 corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the key light is lit on Renault Megane 3? .
What does the key light on Renault Megane 3 indicate?
So we begin our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Renault Megane 3 dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the main action of this light is to inform you that it’s time to service your Renault Megane 3 , however, this light can also have other meanings, even dozens of them. To find the origin of this issue the best remedy will be to run your Renault Megane 3 through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to get this done procedure, you can locate all the needed info to carry out this work in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the main warning messages it can send you:
- An oil change conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil change on your own, it is probably that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Renault Megane 3, here is the procedure to get this done small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level issue: It is possible that the oil level sensor is indicating that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Renault Megane 3 is on because your EGR valve is dirty, frequently the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most basic cause of an orange wrench light on Renault Megane 3 is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Renault Megane 3 is on?
We are now going to move on to the second part of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the complications mentioned in the previous part and consequently how to proceed if I find out the wrench light on your Renault Megane 3? To achieve this, we will take turns answering each of the complications you may face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we described earlier in this article, a simple reset of the indicator light on your Renault Megane 3 will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to carry out this process.
- Oil level issue: This is a very basic issue and the easiest to resolve. You will just have to check your oil level, we advise you to take the opportunity to verify all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the origin of the issue, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), otherwise disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Renault Megane 3, we done a tutorial to help you to do it. Otherwise, go to a garage and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your issue originates from your glow plugs, the procedure to change them is quite simple and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Renault Megane 3 , we hope this content has helped you solve your issue.
To find more tips on the Renault Megane 3, take a look at the Renault Megane 3 category.