Keeping an eye on your vehicle is important in the present day, indeed, if you do not do the minimal routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is precisely the theme we are going to speak about in this article, one of the indications that most disturbs car owners is the key indicator light on Ram ProMaster City dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Ram ProMaster City means, then in a second how to handle it if the key light is lit on Ram ProMaster City? .
What does the key light on Ram ProMaster City mean?
So we begin our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Ram ProMaster City dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Take note that the most important function of this light is to tell you that it’s time to service your Ram ProMaster City , however, this light can also have other meanings, even dozens of them. To find the source of this problem the best remedy will be to run your Ram ProMaster City through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to do this procedure, you can discover all the required info to execute this work in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the most important warning information it can send you:
- An oil replace done without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace by yourself, it is most likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Ram ProMaster City, here is the procedure to do this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is suggesting that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Ram ProMaster City is on because your EGR valve is dirty, frequently the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your vehicle.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most general cause of an orange wrench light on Ram ProMaster City is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Ram ProMaster City is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second component of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the complications pointed out in the previous part and consequently how to handle it if I discover the wrench light on your Ram ProMaster City? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the complications you might face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we mentioned earlier in this article, a very easy reset of the indicator light on your Ram ProMaster City will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to execute this operation.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to solve. You will simply have to check your oil level, we suggest you to take the opportunity to verify all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the circumstance of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Ram ProMaster City, we made a guide to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a garage and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem originates from your glow plugs, the procedure to change them is quite very easy and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Ram ProMaster City , we hope this content has helped you solve your problem.
If you want more guides on the Ram ProMaster City, go to our Ram ProMaster City category.