Paying attention to your vehicle is fundamental nowadays, in truth, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into consideration signals of abnormality, you highly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the theme we are going to speak about today, one of the indications that most disturbs car owners is the key indicator light on Peugeot 106 dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Peugeot 106 corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the key light is lit on Peugeot 106? .
What does the key light on Peugeot 106 mean?
So we begin our article with the meaning of a key indicator light on Peugeot 106 dash , it may be that furthermore to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the main action of this light is to inform you that it’s time to service your Peugeot 106 , however, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To discover the origin of this issue the best remedy will be to run your Peugeot 106 through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to get this done procedure, you can locate all the required information to perform this work in our dedicated article. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum information on the main warning information it can send you:
- An oil replace done without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace on your own, it is very likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Peugeot 106, here is the procedure to get this done small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level issue: It is possible that the oil level sensor is indicating that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your Peugeot 106 is on because your EGR valve is dirty, frequently the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your vehicle.
- Glow plugs: At last, the last and most basic cause of an orange wrench light on Peugeot 106 is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Peugeot 106 is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second component of our article and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems described in the previous part and consequently what to do if I see the wrench light on your Peugeot 106? To achieve this, we will take turns answering each of the problems you may face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we described before, a basic reset of the indicator light on your Peugeot 106 will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our article to perform this process.
- Oil level issue: This is a very basic issue and the easiest to resolve. You will just have to examine your oil level, we advise you to take the opportunity to verify all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the circumstance of a light that comes on as a result of the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the origin of the issue, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Peugeot 106, we done a guide to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a garage area and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your issue comes from your glow plugs, the procedure to replace them is quite basic and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Peugeot 106 , we hope this article has helped you solve your issue.
To get more tips on the Peugeot 106, take a look at the Peugeot 106 category.