Paying attention to your vehicle is important nowadays, in truth, if you do not do the minimal routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the theme we are going to speak about in this article, one of the symptoms that most interferes with car owners is the key indicator light on Mazda 5 dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Mazda 5 corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the key light is lit on Mazda 5? .
What does the key light on Mazda 5 indicate?
So we begin our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Mazda 5 dash , it may be that furthermore to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Take note that the main action of this light is to tell you that it’s time to service your Mazda 5 , nevertheless, this light can also have other meanings, even dozens of them. To find the origin of this issue the best solution will be to run your Mazda 5 through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to get this done process, you can find all the necessary info to perform this work in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the main warning information it can send you:
- An oil change done without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil change by yourself, it is most likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Mazda 5, here is the process to get this done small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level issue: It is possible that the oil level sensor is suggesting that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your Mazda 5 is on because your EGR valve is dirty, very often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your vehicle.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most basic trigger of an orange wrench light on Mazda 5 is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Mazda 5 is on?
We are now going to move on to the second part of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems described in the previous part and consequently what to do if I discover the wrench light on your Mazda 5? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the problems you may possibly face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we revealed earlier in this article, a simple reset of the indicator light on your Mazda 5 will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to perform this process.
- Oil level issue: This is a very basic issue and the easiest to resolve. You will just have to examine your oil level, we suggest you to take the opportunity to verify all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the circumstance of a light that comes on as a result of the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the origin of the issue, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), otherwise disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Mazda 5, we done a tutorial to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a mechanic and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your issue comes from your glow plugs, the process to change them is quite simple and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Mazda 5 , we hope this content has helped you solve your issue.
To discover more tips on the Mazda 5, take a look at the Mazda 5 category.