Paying attention to your car is necessary in the present day, in reality, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not consider signals of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car withering away. This is exactly the subject we are going to discuss in this article, one of the signs that most interferes with car owners is the key indicator light on Mazda 3 dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Mazda 3 points, then in a second what to do if the key light is lit on Mazda 3? .
What does the key light on Mazda 3 indicate?
So we start our article with the meaning of a key indicator light on Mazda 3 dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the most important objective of this light is to tell you that it’s time to service your Mazda 3 , nevertheless, this light can also have other meanings, even dozens of them. To discover the source of this problem the best remedy will be to run your Mazda 3 through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to achieve this process, you can locate all the necessary information to conduct this action in our dedicated article. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum information on the most important warning messages it can send you:
- An oil replace conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace by yourself, it is most likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Mazda 3, here is the process to achieve this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is suggesting that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your Mazda 3 is on because your EGR valve is dirty, very often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your vehicle.
- Glow plugs: At last, the last and most common cause of an orange wrench light on Mazda 3 is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Mazda 3 is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second part of our article and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems described in the previous part and consequently what to do if I see the wrench light on your Mazda 3? To do this, we will take turns answering each of the problems you may face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we revealed earlier in this article, a very easy reset of the indicator light on your Mazda 3 will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our article to conduct this operation.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to resolve. You will simply have to check your oil level, we suggest you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the circumstance of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Mazda 3, we done a tutorial to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a garage area and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem comes from your glow plugs, the process to replace them is quite very easy and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Mazda 3 , we hope this article has helped you solve your problem.
To find more tips on the Mazda 3, take a look at the Mazda 3 category.