Paying attention to your vehicle is necessary nowadays, indeed, if you do not do the minimal routine service of it, or if you do not consider signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is precisely the theme we are going to discuss today, one of the signs that most disturbs motorists is the key indicator light on Lincoln MKX dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Lincoln MKX points, then in a second what to do if the key light is lit on Lincoln MKX? .
What does the key light on Lincoln MKX indicate?
So we begin our article with the meaning of a key indicator light on Lincoln MKX dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the most important objective of this light is to notify you that it’s time to service your Lincoln MKX , nevertheless, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To find the origin of this problem the best remedy will be to run your Lincoln MKX through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to get this done process, you can discover all the required info to perform this action in our dedicated article. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the most important warning announcements it can send you:
- An oil replace conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace on your own, it is probably that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Lincoln MKX, here is the process to get this done small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is revealing that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Lincoln MKX is on because your EGR valve is dirty, often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your vehicle.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most common trigger of an orange wrench light on Lincoln MKX is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Lincoln MKX is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second component of our article and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems mentioned in the previous part and consequently what to do if I find out the wrench light on your Lincoln MKX? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the problems you may face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we outlined previously, a very easy reset of the indicator light on your Lincoln MKX will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our article to perform this process.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to correct. You will simply have to examine your oil level, we recommend you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the circumstance of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the points of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the origin of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), otherwise disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Lincoln MKX, we done a guide to help you to do it. Otherwise, go to a garage area and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem comes from your glow plugs, the process to change them is quite very easy and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Lincoln MKX , we hope this article has helped you solve your problem.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Lincoln MKX, do not hesitate to consult our Lincoln MKX category.