Paying attention to your vehicle is necessary nowadays, in fact, if you do not do the minimal maintenance of it, or if you do not consider signals of abnormality, you firmly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is precisely the topic we are going to focus on in this article, one of the indications that most interferes with car owners is the key indicator light on Lexus NX dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Lexus NX corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the key light is lit on Lexus NX? .
What does the key light on Lexus NX mean?
So we start our article with the meaning of a key indicator light on Lexus NX dash , it may be that furthermore to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the main function of this light is to notify you that it’s time to service your Lexus NX , nevertheless, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To discover the source of this problem the best remedy will be to run your Lexus NX through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to do this process, you can find all the necessary information to conduct this action in our dedicated article. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum information on the main alert messages it can send you:
- An oil replace done without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace on your own, it is probably that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Lexus NX, here is the process to do this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is suggesting that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Lexus NX is on because your EGR valve is dirty, often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: At last, the last and most common trigger of an orange wrench light on Lexus NX is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Lexus NX is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second part of our article and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems mentioned in the previous part and therefore what to do if I see the wrench light on your Lexus NX? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the problems you might face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we described before, a very easy reset of the indicator light on your Lexus NX will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our article to conduct this operation.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to resolve. You will just have to check your oil level, we suggest you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the circumstance of a light that comes on due to the EGR valve, you will need to have the points of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Lexus NX, we made a tutorial to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a garage and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem originates from your glow plugs, the process to replace them is quite very easy and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Lexus NX , we hope this article has helped you solve your problem.
To get more tips on the Lexus NX, take a look at the Lexus NX category.