Paying attention to your car is necessary in the present day, in fact, if you do not do the lowest routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is precisely the theme we are going to focus on in this article, one of the signs that most interferes with car owners is the key indicator light on Lexus GS dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Lexus GS means, then in a second what to do if the key light is lit on Lexus GS? .
What does the key light on Lexus GS indicate?
So we start our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Lexus GS dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Take note that the main function of this light is to tell you that it’s time to service your Lexus GS , however, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To find the source of this issue the best solution will be to run your Lexus GS through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to achieve this process, you can find all the needed information to perform this act in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum information on the main alert information it can send you:
- An oil replace conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace by yourself, it is very likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Lexus GS, here is the process to achieve this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level issue: It is possible that the oil level sensor is suggesting that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your Lexus GS is on because your EGR valve is dirty, very often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your vehicle.
- Glow plugs: At last, the last and most common cause of an orange wrench light on Lexus GS is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Lexus GS is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second part of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the complications outlined in the previous part and therefore what to do if I find out the wrench light on your Lexus GS? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the complications you might face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we explained previously, a very easy reset of the indicator light on your Lexus GS will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to perform this process.
- Oil level issue: This is a very basic issue and the easiest to solve. You will just have to check your oil level, we advise you to take the opportunity to verify all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the circumstance of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the points of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the issue, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Lexus GS, we made a tutorial to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a mechanic and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your issue comes from your glow plugs, the process to replace them is quite very easy and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Lexus GS , we hope this content has helped you solve your issue.
To find more tips on the Lexus GS, take a look at the Lexus GS category.