Paying attention to your car is necessary in the present day, in reality, if you do not do the lowest routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the topic we are going to focus on in this article, one of the indications that most interferes with car owners is the key indicator light on Hyundai Ioniq dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Hyundai Ioniq corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the key light is lit on Hyundai Ioniq? .
What does the key light on Hyundai Ioniq mean?
So we begin our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Hyundai Ioniq dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the main objective of this light is to notify you that it’s time to service your Hyundai Ioniq , nevertheless, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To find the origin of this issue the best solution will be to run your Hyundai Ioniq through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to achieve this procedure, you can find all the needed information to conduct this work in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum information on the main warning information it can send you:
- An oil replace done without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace by yourself, it is probably that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Hyundai Ioniq, here is the procedure to achieve this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level issue: It is possible that the oil level sensor is suggesting that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your Hyundai Ioniq is on because your EGR valve is dirty, often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most common trigger of an orange wrench light on Hyundai Ioniq is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Hyundai Ioniq is on?
We are now going to move on to the second part of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems outlined in the previous part and consequently what to do if I see the wrench light on your Hyundai Ioniq? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the problems you may face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we outlined earlier in this article, a very easy reset of the indicator light on your Hyundai Ioniq will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to conduct this procedure.
- Oil level issue: This is a very basic issue and the easiest to resolve. You will simply have to check your oil level, we suggest you to take the opportunity to verify all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on due to the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the origin of the issue, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), otherwise disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Hyundai Ioniq, we done a tutorial to help you to do it. Otherwise, go to a garage and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your issue originates from your glow plugs, the procedure to change them is quite very easy and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Hyundai Ioniq , we hope this content has helped you solve your issue.
If you wish more guides on the Hyundai Ioniq, go to our Hyundai Ioniq category.