Paying attention to your car is fundamental in the present day, in fact, if you do not do the lowest routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is precisely the theme we are going to focus on today, one of the symptoms that most interferes with motorists is the key indicator light on hyundai i10 dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on hyundai i10 means, then in a second how to proceed if the key light is lit on hyundai i10? .
What does the key light on hyundai i10 mean?
So we start our article with the meaning of a key indicator light on hyundai i10 dash , it may be that furthermore to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the main action of this light is to tell you that it’s time to service your hyundai i10 , nevertheless, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To discover the source of this problem the best remedy will be to run your hyundai i10 through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to get this done process, you can locate all the necessary information to conduct this action in our dedicated article. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum information on the main alert information it can send you:
- An oil replace conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace by yourself, it is probably that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your hyundai i10, here is the process to get this done small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is suggesting that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your hyundai i10 is on because your EGR valve is dirty, very often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most general cause of an orange wrench light on hyundai i10 is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on hyundai i10 is on?
We are now going to move on to the second component of our article and try to present you the solutions to each of the complications pointed out in the previous part and therefore how to proceed if I see the wrench light on your hyundai i10? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the complications you might face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we described before, a simple reset of the indicator light on your hyundai i10 will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our article to conduct this process.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to resolve. You will simply have to verify your oil level, we suggest you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the circumstance of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the points of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your hyundai i10, we made a guide to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a mechanic and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem comes from your glow plugs, the process to change them is quite simple and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on hyundai i10 , we hope this article has helped you solve your problem.
To find more tips on the hyundai i10, take a look at the hyundai i10 category.