Paying attention to your vehicle is essential in these modern times, in truth, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you firmly risk to see your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is precisely the theme we are going to discuss in this article, one of the signs that most disturbs car owners is the key indicator light on Ford Fiesta dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Ford Fiesta means, then in a second how to proceed if the key light is lit on Ford Fiesta? .
What does the key light on Ford Fiesta indicate?
So we begin our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Ford Fiesta dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Take note that the main action of this light is to inform you that it’s time to service your Ford Fiesta , nevertheless, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To discover the source of this issue the best remedy will be to run your Ford Fiesta through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to do this procedure, you can find all the required info to perform this work in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the main warning messages it can send you:
- An oil change done without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil change by yourself, it is probably that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Ford Fiesta, here is the procedure to do this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level issue: It is possible that the oil level sensor is revealing that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Ford Fiesta is on because your EGR valve is dirty, often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: At last, the last and most basic cause of an orange wrench light on Ford Fiesta is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Ford Fiesta is on?
We are now going to move on to the second part of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the complications mentioned in the previous part and consequently how to proceed if I find out the wrench light on your Ford Fiesta? To achieve this, we will take turns answering each of the complications you may possibly face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we outlined before, a very easy reset of the indicator light on your Ford Fiesta will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to perform this procedure.
- Oil level issue: This is a very basic issue and the easiest to resolve. You will just have to verify your oil level, we suggest you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the issue, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), otherwise disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Ford Fiesta, we done a guide to help you to do it. Otherwise, go to a mechanic and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your issue comes from your glow plugs, the procedure to change them is quite very easy and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Ford Fiesta , we hope this content has helped you solve your issue.
To get more tips on the Ford Fiesta, take a look at the Ford Fiesta category.