Paying attention to your car is important in the present day, indeed, if you do not do the lowest maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you firmly risk to see your motor vehicle withering away. This is exactly the theme we are going to discuss today, one of the signs that most disturbs motorists is the key indicator light on Ds Ds 7 Crossback dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Ds Ds 7 Crossback points, then in a second how to handle it if the key light is lit on Ds Ds 7 Crossback? .
What does the key light on Ds Ds 7 Crossback indicate?
So we begin our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Ds Ds 7 Crossback dash , it may be that furthermore to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the main function of this light is to notify you that it’s time to service your Ds Ds 7 Crossback , however, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To discover the source of this problem the best remedy will be to run your Ds Ds 7 Crossback through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to do this process, you can discover all the necessary info to carry out this act in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the main alert announcements it can send you:
- An oil change conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil change on your own, it is probably that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Ds Ds 7 Crossback, here is the process to do this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is indicating that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Ds Ds 7 Crossback is on because your EGR valve is dirty, often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most basic trigger of an orange wrench light on Ds Ds 7 Crossback is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Ds Ds 7 Crossback is on?
We are now going to move on to the second part of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the complications outlined in the previous part and consequently how to handle it if I discover the wrench light on your Ds Ds 7 Crossback? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the complications you might face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we described before, a very easy reset of the indicator light on your Ds Ds 7 Crossback will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to carry out this process.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to correct. You will simply have to verify your oil level, we recommend you to take the opportunity to verify all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the points of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), otherwise disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Ds Ds 7 Crossback, we made a tutorial to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a garage and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem originates from your glow plugs, the process to change them is quite very easy and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Ds Ds 7 Crossback , we hope this content has helped you solve your problem.
If you need more guides on the Ds Ds 7 Crossback, go to our Ds Ds 7 Crossback category.