Keeping an eye on your vehicle is necessary in the present day, in reality, if you do not do the minimal routine service of it, or if you do not consider signs of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car withering away. This is exactly the topic we are going to focus on today, one of the signs that most disturbs motorists is the key indicator light on Dodge Durango dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Dodge Durango means, then in a second how to handle it if the key light is lit on Dodge Durango? .
What does the key light on Dodge Durango mean?
So we start our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Dodge Durango dash , it may be that furthermore to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the most important objective of this light is to inform you that it’s time to service your Dodge Durango , however, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To find the origin of this problem the best solution will be to run your Dodge Durango through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to achieve this process, you can locate all the necessary info to accomplish this act in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the most important warning announcements it can send you:
- An oil replace conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace on your own, it is very likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Dodge Durango, here is the process to achieve this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is suggesting that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Dodge Durango is on because your EGR valve is dirty, frequently the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your vehicle.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most basic cause of an orange wrench light on Dodge Durango is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Dodge Durango is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second part of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the complications outlined in the previous part and therefore how to handle it if I find out the wrench light on your Dodge Durango? To achieve this, we will take turns answering each of the complications you might face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we mentioned before, a simple reset of the indicator light on your Dodge Durango will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to accomplish this procedure.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to resolve. You will just have to check your oil level, we advise you to take the opportunity to verify all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on due to the EGR valve, you will need to have the points of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the origin of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), otherwise disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Dodge Durango, we done a tutorial to help you to do it. Otherwise, go to a mechanic and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem originates from your glow plugs, the process to replace them is quite simple and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Dodge Durango , we hope this content has helped you solve your problem.
If you want more guides on the Dodge Durango, go to our Dodge Durango category.