Paying attention to your vehicle is necessary nowadays, in reality, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into consideration signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the topic we are going to discuss in this article, one of the symptoms that most disturbs car owners is the key indicator light on Chevrolet Tahoe dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Chevrolet Tahoe means, then in a second what to do if the key light is lit on Chevrolet Tahoe? .
What does the key light on Chevrolet Tahoe indicate?
So we start our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Chevrolet Tahoe dash , it may be that furthermore to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Take note that the most important function of this light is to notify you that it’s time to service your Chevrolet Tahoe , however, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To find the source of this problem the best remedy will be to run your Chevrolet Tahoe through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to get this done procedure, you can find all the required information to conduct this work in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum information on the most important warning announcements it can send you:
- An oil replace conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace on your own, it is very likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Chevrolet Tahoe, here is the procedure to get this done small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is revealing that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your Chevrolet Tahoe is on because your EGR valve is dirty, frequently the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: At last, the last and most common trigger of an orange wrench light on Chevrolet Tahoe is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Chevrolet Tahoe is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second component of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems pointed out in the previous part and therefore what to do if I see the wrench light on your Chevrolet Tahoe? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the problems you may face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we outlined earlier in this article, a basic reset of the indicator light on your Chevrolet Tahoe will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to conduct this procedure.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to correct. You will just have to examine your oil level, we recommend you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the circumstance of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the points of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Chevrolet Tahoe, we made a tutorial to help you to do it. Otherwise, go to a garage area and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem comes from your glow plugs, the procedure to change them is quite basic and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Chevrolet Tahoe , we hope this content has helped you solve your problem.
To discover more tips on the Chevrolet Tahoe, take a look at the Chevrolet Tahoe category.