Paying attention to your car is necessary nowadays, in reality, if you do not do the lowest maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to see your motor vehicle withering away. This is precisely the subject we are going to speak about in this article, one of the symptoms that most disturbs car owners is the key indicator light on Chevrolet Camaro dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Chevrolet Camaro points, then in a second how to proceed if the key light is lit on Chevrolet Camaro? .
What does the key light on Chevrolet Camaro indicate?
So we begin our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Chevrolet Camaro dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Take note that the most important function of this light is to notify you that it’s time to service your Chevrolet Camaro , nevertheless, this light can also have other meanings, even dozens of them. To find the source of this problem the best remedy will be to run your Chevrolet Camaro through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to get this done process, you can discover all the necessary information to execute this act in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum information on the most important alert messages it can send you:
- An oil replace done without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace on your own, it is most likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Chevrolet Camaro, here is the process to get this done small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is indicating that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Chevrolet Camaro is on because your EGR valve is dirty, frequently the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your vehicle.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most common trigger of an orange wrench light on Chevrolet Camaro is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Chevrolet Camaro is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second component of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the complications described in the previous part and consequently how to proceed if I discover the wrench light on your Chevrolet Camaro? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the complications you may face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we explained earlier in this article, a simple reset of the indicator light on your Chevrolet Camaro will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to execute this procedure.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to solve. You will just have to verify your oil level, we suggest you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the circumstance of a light that comes on due to the EGR valve, you will need to have the points of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Chevrolet Camaro, we made a tutorial to help you to do it. Otherwise, go to a garage and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem originates from your glow plugs, the process to replace them is quite simple and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Chevrolet Camaro , we hope this content has helped you solve your problem.
If you want more tutorials on the Chevrolet Camaro, go to our Chevrolet Camaro category.