Keeping an eye on your vehicle is essential in these modern times, in truth, if you do not do the lowest routine service of it, or if you do not take into consideration signs of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is precisely the subject we are going to discuss today, one of the symptoms that most interferes with motorists is the key indicator light on Cadillac ATS dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Cadillac ATS means, then in a second how to handle it if the key light is lit on Cadillac ATS? .
What does the key light on Cadillac ATS indicate?
So we begin our article with the meaning of a key indicator light on Cadillac ATS dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the main objective of this light is to inform you that it’s time to service your Cadillac ATS , nevertheless, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To discover the source of this issue the best remedy will be to run your Cadillac ATS through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to get this done process, you can discover all the required info to accomplish this action in our dedicated article. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the main alert information it can send you:
- An oil replace done without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace on your own, it is probably that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Cadillac ATS, here is the process to get this done small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level issue: It is possible that the oil level sensor is revealing that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another possibility is that the key light on your Cadillac ATS is on because your EGR valve is dirty, frequently the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your vehicle.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most basic trigger of an orange wrench light on Cadillac ATS is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Cadillac ATS is on?
We are now going to move on to the second component of our article and try to present you the solutions to each of the complications mentioned in the previous part and consequently how to handle it if I find out the wrench light on your Cadillac ATS? To get this done, we will take turns answering each of the complications you may possibly face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we mentioned before, a basic reset of the indicator light on your Cadillac ATS will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our article to accomplish this procedure.
- Oil level issue: This is a very basic issue and the easiest to resolve. You will simply have to check your oil level, we advise you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on as a result of the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the issue, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Cadillac ATS, we made a tutorial to help you to do it. Otherwise, go to a garage area and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your issue originates from your glow plugs, the process to replace them is quite basic and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Cadillac ATS , we hope this article has helped you solve your issue.
If you want more tutorials on the Cadillac ATS, go to our Cadillac ATS category.