Paying attention to your vehicle is essential in these modern times, in truth, if you do not do the lowest routine service of it, or if you do not consider signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the topic we are going to discuss today, one of the signs that most disturbs car owners is the key indicator light on Bmw Serie 3 E93 dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Bmw Serie 3 E93 points, then in a second how to proceed if the key light is lit on Bmw Serie 3 E93? .
What does the key light on Bmw Serie 3 E93 mean?
So we begin our content page with the meaning of a key indicator light on Bmw Serie 3 E93 dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the main action of this light is to inform you that it’s time to service your Bmw Serie 3 E93 , nevertheless, this light can also have other meanings, even dozens of them. To find the source of this problem the best remedy will be to run your Bmw Serie 3 E93 through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to achieve this process, you can locate all the needed information to conduct this work in our dedicated content page. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum information on the main warning messages it can send you:
- An oil replace conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace on your own, it is probably that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Bmw Serie 3 E93, here is the process to achieve this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is revealing that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your Bmw Serie 3 E93 is on because your EGR valve is dirty, frequently the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: Finally, the last and most basic cause of an orange wrench light on Bmw Serie 3 E93 is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Bmw Serie 3 E93 is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second part of our content page and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems pointed out in the previous part and therefore how to proceed if I discover the wrench light on your Bmw Serie 3 E93? To achieve this, we will take turns answering each of the problems you may face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we described earlier in this article, a very easy reset of the indicator light on your Bmw Serie 3 E93 will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content page to conduct this process.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to resolve. You will just have to verify your oil level, we advise you to take the opportunity to check all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the points of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the source of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Bmw Serie 3 E93, we done a tutorial to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a mechanic and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem comes from your glow plugs, the process to change them is quite very easy and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Bmw Serie 3 E93 , we hope this content page has helped you solve your problem.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Bmw Serie 3 E93, do not hesitate to consult our Bmw Serie 3 E93 category.